Monday 26 August 2013

Nationals 2013

Well 2013 Nationals are now over, it was a very gruelling show prep filled with a ton of hard work and dedication. I really learned to draw deep within myself, to see my own personal strength and determination to accomplish my goal. I must say that is the one thing I love about competing....this is my journey...I am the only one accountable, my choice to wake up, do the cardio, lift the weights, prep the food. As in life you get what you put into it, I believe this is my best package I have ever brought to stage, looking at my photo shoots I could see the difference between last years shows, the 2013 Arnold's and this years Nationals. I had improved my legs and glutes brought in a rounder 
my shoulders, my waist was tighter. I changed my whole pose, switched sides and tried fo create more of an illusion of a smaller waist. Also I had sparkled my whole suit myself paying attention to every detail, matching my nails to the crystals on my suits, hair and makeup. I really wanted to feel at the end of the day that I had given it my all.
With bikini however you never know what the judges are looking for, it is a confusing sport that way, there seems to be no standard guideline, are the looking for conditioned, soft, curvy, muscular? Every show seems different and every judging panel has a different idea as to what their perception of "Bikini" looks like. 
So not only is this sport a mental game with the prep but also with the show itself,  at the end of the day all you can do is bring your best package and wait and hope that that is what they are looking for in that show. If not you have to find peace with the fact you gave 150% no should have's, would have's, could have's.......then look at the pictures, get their feedback.....and go back to the training drawing board.....



For more on my diet and training visit:
www.sdpharmaceuticals.com
follow me on twitter:
@AeryonAshlie
Like my Facebook page
Aeryon Bela Ashlie

No comments:

Post a Comment