Monday 31 March 2014

Thank You All my Trainers...


As I have start getting ready for my next show I began to reflect on all the wonderful trainers I have had the pleasure of working with throughout the years.
My first trainer was Ian Walling, I was a newbie then but with his love of core exercises I still to this day strongly dislike the plank. I can still hear him saying, “When you shake it is your muscle and fat fighting” since then I have had this image of a battle going on in my fat zones when doing this exercise.
For my first show my girlfriend/trainer Monica Cerbu actually moved I with me on weekends to keep me on track. Who knew that every condiment I owned at the time was high in sugar and sodium…Welcome to plain food land population “Aeryon”.
Then there was Jeanette Magnoli who taught me form is everything and it was not the actually amount of weight you lifted but the motion I must say she gave some killer workouts and I think Mekaella was can lift more than what I was working with then.
Next there was Raejha Douziech who was my first online training coach and even though she could not see me except bad fuzzy pics I emailed her (no selfies back then) she still dialed me in for 2 shows.
After a 10 year break I worked with the Toma’s, both Darren and Lara are a great team and put up with my panic about broccoli binging...amongst many other things..
Being a trainer for competitions is not easy; I never really understood the amount of patience and joy one gets from helping someone get up on stage.  This past fall I had the privilege of helping 2 girls reach their stage goals. I was so nervous and excited for them to be up there after all the hard work. I really grew a new found appreciation for all the trainer's who work in competition prep, it is hard work to bring someone to show condition. When I meet people who just "Train themselves" I don't know how they do it. I rely so much on my trainers expertise eye, words of wisdom, assuring voice and ability to know what is needed next.  
 So to all my trainers who have listened to me, encouraged me, and worked with me in the past I want to say Thank you….
To my new trainer for 2014 Darren Mehling I am so excited to see what all the hard work you put me through in this off season has done and what package I can bring to my upcoming shows. This training has been different that what I have ever experienced, I had to relax and trust the extra food, less cardio and less weights. Now as I dive full force into competition prep I'm excited to see the results. Each year is about growing and becoming better than the year before and this year will be an amazing year!


                                            For more information about my diet and training 
                                                                   please visit: 
                                                    www.sdpharmaceuticals.com
                                                       Like my Facebook page:
                                                          Aeryon Bela Ashlie
                                                        Follow me on Twitter
                                                          @AeryonAshlie

No comments:

Post a Comment