Sunday 30 September 2012

The Letters

So....

    Friday I went to the mailbox and pulled out a copious of mail..... I was on the road working in the interior for 5 days so no mailbox checking had added up.
As I filed through mass of bills, flyers (which speaking of... I should really get them to stop wasting their paper on me...I mean I never read them), dental check reminders (how nice of them) and pizza specials.
Imagine my excitement when I saw the letter from the Arnold Sports Festival!! I had applied 3 weeks ago to compete in the 2013 Bikini Amateur division at the Arnold's on Feb 28th.
Placing Top 5 at Nationals had qualified me and since I had already booked my flight and hotel I was getting antsy waiting for my acceptance letter.
Here it was!! I am competing at the Arnold's, now be it is it the amateur level I am still thrilled. My Dad was a Body Builder and growing up I was surround by Flex and Muscle & Fitness magazine's.  To think I will be on that stage is a dream come true. I did a little "Yeah Me" dance in the kitchen...I was on a high...
Now in this same mail opening event....I opened a letter from the Government of Canada......Needless to say I was not doing a happy dance....I am being Audited.....so my "Happy Dance" was frozen. I think I even heard the music in my head go "Wah...Wah...Wahhhhh"
I kinda went into a tailspin....as I scanned the letter and went over all the things I had to provide I must admit I kinda panicked.
Then I started to laugh....Life is an amazing crazy series of events....2 Seconds prior I was on a high and now it all seemed to fall down.
So I picked up my Arnold letter and started doing my happy dance again... I know that life will always through me curve balls and I will get through this one like all the ones before,  hopefully without having to give anymore money to the Government...after all I have been eyeing this new Louis Vuitton purse...




No comments:

Post a Comment